In recognition of the importance of global awareness, in EF United States awarded the EF Global Citizen Scholarship to high school students 10th and 11th standard who are devoted to breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography.
Congratulations to last years winning US scholarship recipients!
- Asawar, Minneapolis, MN | Essay (pdf)
- Sajda, New York, NY| Essay (pdf)
- Bridget , Novi, MI | Essay (pdf)
- Matthew, Flower Mound, TX | Essay (pdf)
- Sharvani, Sacramento, CA | Essay (pdf)
- Lindsay, Castleton, VT | Essay (pdf)
- Lucy, Broomall, PA | Essay (pdf)
- Kylie, Kelso, WA | Essay (pdf)
- Shawaunna, John's Island, SC | Essay (pdf)
- Deschaney, Orlando, FL | Essay (pdf)
Scholarship recipients traveled on an all-expenses-paid EF tour to Berlin, Munich, Prague and Lucerne last summer.
EF's Global Citizen Scholarship essay competition was open to high school sophomores and juniors who had to submit an essay addressing the following question:
"EF strives to break down barriers of language, culture and geography. Describe a similar barrier, either literal or figurative, that exists in your community or the wider world. How have you or someone you know effectively participated in the destruction of this barrier?"
Learn more about our past scholarship recipients.